If you’ve been following Techloy’s coverage of the biggest Insurtech hackathon event in Africa, you’ll notice that we haven’t mentioned any of the products.
That’s because we wanted to talk to each of the teams to get an idea of the product they’re working on during the two-day Insurtech hackathon organised by Inlaks.
After interviewing each of the 20 teams from Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana and learning about their solutions, we’ve provided a brief description of their products in this post.
- Autosmart is leveraging Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) to combat fraudulent Motor Insurance claims.
- Bincom_Jet’s InsureMe wants to digitise insurance processes with improved efficiency and create awareness about insurance products.
- Coverdor is a fully digital insurance platform that offers gadget insurance against mechanical, accidental (screen damage), liquid damages, and theft.
- Dynamic Pro’s Dynamic App is a one-stop shop of all insurance products and services in the marketplace.
- E-insure (Ghana) is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform designed for insurance companies to administer, manage and deliver digital products to consumers.
- EnsureMo is a complete self-service mobile app insurance system.
- Excellence’s Claimnow is a mobile app that facilitates insurance claims settlement.
- Ilera (meaning ‘Wellness’) is an insurance platform that uses AI and big data to drive health care insurance inclusion and medical utilisation costing.
- Insurance Hub provides digital solutions to the challenges of the insurance industry.
- Junyper’s SmActuary is a smart actuary for SMEs in Africa.
- Kenalex’s InsureMeter is an insurance system aggregator and comparator.
- Mendfy wants to help policy holders to instantly process motor insurance claims and settle related conflicts.
- Purpose’s Virbro is a powerful web-based virtual insurance broker where you can get fast insurance and quick claims.
- Recon’s Insure is an all-in-one solution for core insurance.
- Recon All team’s Corporate Router is a middleware app that interfaces with legacy systems and payment delivery channels for reconciliations e.g SWIFT, POS, ATM, NIP, etc
- Sirocco’s Insurgator is an insurance aggregator.
- Top hill’s Next Door Insure Tech provides insurance operations over WhatsApp.
- Wazinsure’s ClaimWazi (Kenya) is an AI-driven claims processing tool to access damage and fast track Motor Insurance claims.
- Webevolvers’ FastInsure is a solution to digitise onboarding
- Log Net Systems’ Insure Now Now is an insurance marketplace.
The teams, which are made up of two to four persons, will have 15 minutes to pitch their solutions after a two-day hackathon, before the judges for an opportunity to win the top prize of $5,500, with the first runner up winning $4,000, while the second runner up wins $2,750.
Meet the 20 products pitching at the Insurtech Hackathon this weekend was originally published in Techloy | African technology news and startup coverage on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.